Bryan Loves mac and cheese, but we’re trying to eat more natural food (less microwaveable, “cheese substance” type food). I decided to try my hand at making mac and cheese a bit healthier way–sans velveeta–and it turned out great! Here’s the recipe:
- 8 oz uncooked maceroni (I used shells though)
- 2 c shredded cheese
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
- 3 c milk
- 1/4 c butter
- 2 1/2 tbs flour
- Cook pasta and drain
- Melt butter in a saucepan, stirring in a bit of flour to thicken it up. Add milk slowly, stirring the whole time. Stir in cheeses and cook until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens.
- Put macaroni in a large casserole dish, pour sauce over maceroni, and stir.
- I added a bit of extra shredded cheese and a bit of feta cheese (because we had it) to the top
- bake at 350 for 30 minutes