For the Rub:
2 tbsp ground coffee
1.5 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp chili pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1.5 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
For the Steaks:
2 boneless rib-eye steaks
1. combine ingredients for rub and set aside
2. preheat oven to 425 degrees
3. brush steaks lightly all over with olive oil and season all over with salt and pepper. rub 1 tbsp of the rub mixture on top of each steak and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes (store extra coffee rub in freezer, its good for up to 2 months)
4. cook steaks in a skillet for 3 minutes, rub side down, over medium-high heat. flip over and cook an additional 2 minutes. transfer the steaks to the oven and cook 5 more minutes for medium-rare (10 minutes for well-done).
5. remove steaks from oven, set on plate and cover with ten foil to let steaks rest for 10 minutes.
i’d never made a good steak before (which is a shame, my dad makes the best steaks ever), but i tried this recipe and they turned out great! i love the seasoning–just a little bit spicy, and lots of flavor.